CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

You know you are in the club when you get a binder of information! See my comments below.
Hi crazy eyes! I had to include it because this is a funny pic. I am posting my 5 week out of mastectomy picture. No boob shots today, maybe later.
Look at that hair.
I did a leadership team building fun thing at the corn maze. For me, it was a blast. Note to self, go early in the season - it is better when green. I noticed that I have started thinking in blogger language. Here is an example. There were a bunch of people with safety vests on in the median, they were picking up garbage. Hint - I think they also had orange jumpsuits on too....anyhow, there were two young men cat calling some chic in the SUV two cars ahead of me. Now, do you think that this gal is thinking to herself "hey look at those hot young men in orange suits". Please, that was gross. Now you know my blogger language.

I went to the NMCC for an orientation. The real reason is to get more information on what to expect over my course of chemo therapy. Put a few things to rest. My veins are not going to get black. My hair will fall out. If you know of people that their hair did not fall out, they did not have breast cancer. There was a guy just diagnosed with esophagus cancer, the nurse looked at him and said "don't worry, your hair will not fall out". I was thinking, gosh, that is the least of his issues - I'll take a bald head over a feeding tube any day. She said that the number one complaint is fatigue during chemo. I am getting ready for that. Lilli is already going to babysitters five days a week, all I need to do is get her there and pick her up. I will do some shopping prior to my treatment. I still have some meals left from the "Do It" dinners. I may "Do it" myself. Ha ha.

Five weeks into my recovery, I am still a bit bent over - if you see me, you'll notice something if off. I am now wearing those camisoles that I bought at Target, why - I broke the boob again. I am giving that Thing 1 a rest from the confines of cross your heart.

My arm is still hurting me. The back from the nerves. That surgery sucked. Tell that to people that have it done. My days are getting longer and I am able to do a small nap in the middle. That is good. The picture of those people that I did the corn maze leadership thing, it was a blast but I was so tired after that I could barely get home fast enough to crawl into bed. The prep to make it look easy took a while! They are a great group of people and I had so much fun that I should had paid them! No, on the other hand, medical bills are rolling in. Speaking of that, Nov 1st starts my BCBS - one insurance only. I am glad to deal with just the one. How this all shakes out, I am just holding my breath.

OK - it is late. I am going to bed.

0 comments: