CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Here is what I learned today

This actually happened yesterday and I just ran out of time to write it - because........we had to go to the store and get our stuff to make our world famous gourmet caramel corn for "reciprocal" Halloween. I'll drag Lilli to our neighbors and give out treats......

Something that I have learned is that at the end of the day is when I just get pooped. My end of the the day is now about 5ish. I can do just enough to get dinner going, Lilli to play or watch a video and then to get into our evening routine. Yesterday I had several things to do, post office, pet store (for our cat food that we have to now buy for our "sensitive stomach" calico - thanks mom, that stuff you got worked and we went back to get more) and then Albertsons for pull ups, milk and a pizza. Notice, in the Green house, we almost always have pizza on Fridays - that started about a year ago.

So, 3 things to do after I picked up Lilli. Normal things. By the time I got done at the post office it was about 5p.m. I told Lilli that we were going to the store. I thought at that point I would cut out the pet store and just go to Albertsons. Oh no - she said - pet store. OK, I give. We went to the pet store, looked at all of the fish, mice, ferrets and birds. Got the small bag of cat food so that I could carry it and got out of the store. Then, Albertsons on a Friday. Guess who had to announce to everyone "mommy I peed". Yep. Right there, an overflow. Quick off to the potty and got changed. I didn't care - she was in a pull up and a t shirt. We got our milk, also a "special" chocolate milk, a pizza and pull ups. Out we went. I got to the cashier, paid, and asked for help. By then, just couldn't do it - a gallon of milk felt like it was filled with concrete. So, a nice gal walked us out to the car with my milk and one bag. With Lilli in her pull up and shirt, me hunched over to the side, I bet we looked like such a team! Oh, I should add, Lilli's nose is skinned too!

I gave Lilli her "special" milk on the way home. We were happy, going home finally! We got past the traffic and into our little village and I heard Lilli say "here mommy, no more chocolate milk" and I told her to put the blanket on her. Why, because I just felt something was funny. About 5 minutes from home, you guessed it. She puked all of her chocolate milk in her blanket and in the seat. So, what do you do? There is no way that I could let my little girl sit in puke for the rest of the ride. We stopped in a parking lot of a retail place that had closed, I pulled off all of her clothes, gingerly wrapped the blankie up and put it (and the contents) in the back of the car, pulled off the pull up (which she decided to pee once again all over the bag I was having her stand on) and she is shaking because she is freezing. I said a few choice words, put her in the seat next to her puke car seat, put the blanket I keep in my back trunk on her, clicked her in and said DON'T MOVE. We rode home as fast as one can go in a 30 mile an hour zone!!! When we got home I just could not move. Out went Lilli, threw out all of the gross pants and shirt, Chris came out to get the groceries, he scooped her up and put her in a bath, I quickly cleaned the blankie and the carseat cover. Then, I made dinner.

You can bet your bottom dollar I took a pain killer and one before I went to bed. All I can say is thank heavens she is old enough to understand what I am saying! So, rice for her, pizza for Chris and a big glass of that protein stuff for me and I called it a day. I was going to write some thank you notes - I didn't happen again.....I have been well intended for about two weeks now!

Just when you think you have had all that you can handle, there are times which you just have to laugh as it gets crazy. Mary said the other day, thank heavens Lilli is a part of this process, she brings laughter to it. So true. I'll never forget when my babysitter opened that door right after I got my hair cut and Lilli looked at me and said "What happened"? Funny. Oh another funny, Chris asked me if I made my hair goofy like that Ty guy from that home improvement show. I told him the other day I spent 1/2 hour trying to style it - and gave up. So, I decided the messy look is just for me - a bit of "product" (lord have mercy) and I am good to go.

And now you know the rest of the story - as well as why I asked Chris to take us shopping this afternoon - I just did not want to go through another Albertsons shopping in hell! Note to self - no more chocolate milk!

0 comments: