CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Clear Nodes

Good news - the nodes are clear. In my mind I am seeing Paul Revere.... "The nodes are clear the nodes are clear!"

Had the drain pulled out. VERY strange sensation. It was almost a bubble feel to it. But, out it went and on we went with the rest of the post op visit. Dr. Smith said thank you, shook my hand, gave me an order for my mammogram in June 2008 and that was that. I go back on Monday to get my stitches out. But, I think I can handle that - I did tell her that this last surgery was bad - I am so sore. She looked at me as if to say - "silly your body is going through a lot". But, she did say that it is healing nicely and that it is healing quicker because I had the other surgery and my body is in the mend mode.

Think about this - my entire body is altered by this woman, I have seen her about 6 times during this. Wow - talk about trust. I have so much respect for what she does and had devoted her life to breast surgery. What a woman.

As I got in the car, I told Mary that I felt as if the weight of the world has lifted. I am going to get a bit crazy tonight and try to lay flat to sleep.

Oh, some odd updates. I have a strange dry patch of skin right above my left eye - nice scaly things dropping down... I am using high grade lotion that my sister sent - but it is just that one area. And then, on Tuesday, I am getting my hair cut short. I have not had my hair cut short since, 1987 I think. We will see what the hair dresser does. I'll leave it up to her since I'll be going back in about another month to have her shave it. I hope I get a discount! Maybe one of those punch cards after 6 visits one is free.....................

I'll make sure to do a before and after picture and post here. Just for fun.

OK. Pizza is done (thank you my friend in Chicago), it is Friday and a beautiful evening.

It is a "fancy coffee" day - I am going to splurge this weekend.........inside joke for those that know.

Ali

0 comments: