CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Balloons will lift ones spirits!

Day one of the balloon fiesta and all of the balloons flew over head. I brewed a pot of coffee at 5a.m. for Chris so he could take Lilli to the launch fields (uncle Jeff has some pull and they get right on the fields). I went back to sleep and woke to whoooooshhhhhh whoooooosh. The sound of the balloon right out my window. Then for the next hour or so, we watch them come and land all around. Here are some pictures. Mary brought out a chair for me and it was great. Later in the day I went to Borders for a coffee and CD. Trying to feel normal. Well, I don't look normal. I walk slow and kinda hunch over a bit. Wonder if people think I am a bag lady! Today we went to the farmers market and it was a great cool morning. The down side is that I have had no energy for the entire day. I hope enough energy to get my paper and reading done tonight. If not, oh well. Lisa is coming in the morning. I know my mom is ready to go home. She has been a huge help but it has been a week and I know Lilli is pooping her out! Oh, I almost forgot. My friend from Chicago sent two pizza's - you know, Deep dish, Chicago style. I'll have to remember that, what a delight. My food should be healthy, but I crave comfort food, that hit the spot! I am trying to get off of the pain pills. I am still sore, but it is OK. Maybe just at night is when I'll need them. For a gal that likes a glass of wine or two (hey that is an idea!) I don't like to feel fuzzy with those pills.

If anyone knows a person going through this, let me know. I have T-shirts that I made that are so comfy. I took Chris' old shirt and put a slit up the front then put a couple of ribbons through it. Also, since I am not wearing a bra yet, I have been wearing camisoles that I can pull up over my hips. I have a feeling this week I'll be going out with my sister to find a couple more. It works for me. My stomach cut seems a bit better. It is healing, but I need to watch what I wear. They did something with my belly button and it is all stitched up - thus, certain sweats don't feel good. I have some graphic pic's that I won't post here. But, I will have to get a good shot of my "new life" no tattoo! It is amazing! OK. Time to see if I can press on to get some stuff done. More later.

0 comments: