CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

#2 Infusion

Yesterday was infusion number two. In the morning I dyed my hair. Take a look. Never in my life have I dyed my hair, so now is the time. This week is when it is supposed to fall out. I can't tell if it looks blonde or some funky orange color. Gloria gave me the blue pillow and the blanket. So, with a little pitch, sorry, it still stings, but the cool cool stuff starts going through. Then the pink stuff, I now call that White Zinfandel. Like in real life, that wine gives me a headache and this stuff they push thru the IV also gives me a headache. Got done in two hours. Met a nice lady that does gourd art. Neat stuff. I decided that there needs to be a birdfeeder outside of the windows. Like looking at the mountains, watching the birds gets me in a good spot. So, I have to look and see if we have one here - otherwise I'll splurge and go to my favorite birdfeed store. Have to go for myself anyhow, I'll just add it to the list.
Ask me how I feel. Go back a week and two days to last Wednesday. Yep. Poor Dad - sorry - I felt as if Lilli was screaming, trying to hold down a conversation with my Dad and stirring noodles. I did that with my sister too, all I could do was hear the kids playing soccer in the background. So, off to Target to get my "magic mouthwash" for the mouth sores, on my list are HUGE sunglasses. That should help. I went to bed at 8 last night. Woke at 1p.m. Yikes, I was barfy. Double yikes, this sucks. I took one of my new drugs. And thank heavens that worked!!!! So,I have to wait until 9a.m. to take another. Oops, got to take my Emend (I don't know about that spelling). I am going to drop Lilli off, head over for my white blood count booster and see if I feel like that drive to Target. So everyone, I am 1/2 thru the chemo!!!!! What a great feeling. Now, the year of the herceptin treatments will be different, I think those only take 2 or so hours every three weeks. Yes, all done my IV. And, the side effects do not include hair loss.

Here we are number two. Hey-where is my nurse? Yes, Karen scolded me for saying "the" nurse in the first posting. Again, both of these nurses are on the level of saints.

Karen got a picture of my hair. OK, so it is not blonde, it looks like when I was growing up - strawberry blonde.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: