CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Taking the slow road home

The day started too early - dropping Lilli off in her PJ's at 7a.m. so I could get across town to have my teeth cleaned. I survived the visit to the dentist and I am here to talk about it. Here is something I did not think of - those chairs you sit in at the dentist, they tilt you back. Mind you, I still can't really lay down flat, now they want to tip me back and clean my teeth. Delightful. Got my trophy - the new toothbrush and went on my merry way. Got to school and I am trying to dig into my research paper for stats, yuck. My prof last night told us that she missed class last week because she was in Vegas and all she did was sleep. (Her husband was there for a conference and I really understand what she was saying - nice room and nice view of the Belliago fountains.) And she felt GREAT. Well goody - I was acting like Fred Flinstone (isthat how you spell it?) with the toothpicks in my eyes, I was so tired. So I thought to myself - guess I need to go on a real vacation and sleep. Hmmmmm when is that going to happen, when Lilli is 19????? Until then, I'll just keep a pack of toothpicks handy.

Today I decided to take the slow route home from school. It is down Rio Grande and you go 25 miles per hour. The leaves were falling and it was really a great day. I liken my time in the car to when I used to travel and have time alone. So, I guess right now, that is good as it gets - time alone in the car.

If anyone is interested there is a video from 60 minutes on what I want to do my dissertation on, at least how the boomers deal with the other generations. Here is the link. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/08/60minutes/main3475200.shtml

My sister made me a whole box of fun chemo caps and one matching for Lilli. Darn it - I can't get the pictures to download. I'll have to restart my computer and try in the morning. My head is going to be nice and toasty when it gets nippy out!

I am so tired. I was really exhausted when I got home, could hardly move. But alas, dinner needs to be made (thanks Dad and Lisa - Do it dinners did it again - chicken and green chile's, Yum!) dishes need to be done, baths need to take off the "blue lipstick" and I need to get into the two classes I am teaching. It is 9p.m. on the dot and I said I would quit to watch the news. So, off I go and lets see how much news I get to see, that is OK, I'll just read it in the paper in the morning.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH one last thing. Does anyone want to get their nose pierced with me? I am serious - I have always loved that and now I don't have a tattoo, I think I'll show my funkiness a different way. Just a very small stud that sparkles in the sun. Why not I say.

That is it. Tomorrow - take a slow road and enjoy the ride.

0 comments: