CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

What I believe

Here are a couple of thoughts......
I believe in creating your own happiness. And it happens that Oprah is also thinking that way. Since this is not an academic paper - I am not going to cite this. Here is what was on msn.com today.

They put best friends first.
It's no surprise that social engagement is one of the most important contributors to happiness. What's news is that the nature of the relationship counts. Compared with dashing around chatting with acquaintances, you get more joy from spending longer periods of time with a close friend, according to research by Meliksah Demir, PhD, assistant professor of psychology at Northern Arizona University. And the best-friend benefit doesn't necessarily come from delving into heavy discussions. One of the most essential pleasures of close friendship, Demir found, is simple companionship, "just hanging out," as he says, hitting the mall or going to the movies together and eating popcorn in the dark. (HEY - don't forget to pass it on and let your friends know that you love them!That is my addition!)


They allow themselves to be happy.
As much as we all think we want it, many of us are convinced, deep down, that it's wrong to be happy (or too happy). Whether the belief comes from religion, culture, or the family you were raised in, it usually leaves you feeling guilty if you're having fun.


I am not really a big believer of every book on the Oprah list is "true". But - the awakening book is really what I have been talking about here. When I saw the 2 of the "happy" things - I thought I would share with all of you.

Also, I have been thinking about support. The reason why I think about this - do you support people for you or for them. Does that make sense?
The same question about mulling over cards in a card shop for a long time - is it to pick the perfect one...for them? Or you?

As for me - go back to that "fun". Feeling guilty. Why don't we all have a fun day and not feel guilty about that at all! Lets go to the zoo, or to Disney World - that would be fun. But, then, it would be a bit guilty feeling due to the amount of money spent at Disney World.

Update - tummy is still upset, knee, hip and side bone pain. Spacey as all get out - can't think straight and I am happy I won't have to deal with this much longer.

Ohhhhhhh the worst - my fingernails - very fine and they are coming off. Yuck. On that note - time to turn in.

0 comments: