CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Support comes to town!

I have added some pics. My support team marched into town! See, those little headband things - funny. My nieces wore head wraps.




I have had a lot to say but have not taken the time to sit and just type out my thoughts. I heard this today on Fresh Air "I don't want to live my life flat" - isn't that great. That sums up what I think too! I don't want to have a blah life. I don't want to be fat and frumpy. I don't want to look at things and see the bad parts.

My sister and the girls came for a visit. What fun. Hanging out with a 17 year old and seeing how she views life is so interesting. My other niece is so quick on her toes - I bet a dollar she is going to be a comedian. She had me laughing! Can't believe how great they were with Lilli. And many firsts for them - Lilli saw her first movie, ate chocolate covered raisins - the whole bit. She loved it. I think that 1/2 of the reason she loved it was that she was sitting between her cousins at the theater!

So, here is how I can best explain how I look at myself. My sister brought some kooky headbands to wear for St. Patty's day - they had these green tufts of hair on the top - so Lisa and I wore them. The kids - well, they would not so we did. Looked goofy and that was the point. But, here is the story on that. You know if you are dressed up in costume, or like this - you forget you have these goofy things on your head, then you get a glimpse of your reflection in the mirror or for us, a storefront. Then you see those funny things on your head and recall they are up there. That is how I am living my life. I don't look at myself in mirrors, or in reflections. I am just me. Then, when I do look, what do I see, not someone that I want to see in the mirror. My biggest fear - losing my eyelashes came true. Oh, acronym
if you have not heard it - fear is False Expectations Appearing Real. Back in the day, I would have my eyelashes dyed. For heavens sake - if they did not fall out then, why the heck now.

So, can you tell I am a bit pissy today. My friend just spend 20 days in India, I talked with her this morning. How delightful - sounds as if the trip was full of great things - and also a bit exhausting. She always has a story and I love to hear it. That is why - I told her that I was pissy today and I did not need to spoil her day.....

My sister gave me the picture that I am displaying above. Here is what I really think - give sisters a hotel room and time to talk - we will solve the problems of the world! I have other picture - such as the tattoo that my niece put on my head - but they are on a different computer. Later I'll do that. Oh, that damn tattoo fell off and I could not find it! I was going to get my nose pierced with my sister being there - but I have this cold. I am so sick of being sick!!!!!! So, I did not want to pierce my nose with snot up there. Rather, due to the no nose hairs the snot does drip - but you know what I mean. I have made it thus far without dying, and just my luck I would get it pierced and then have an infection and have to get it cut off. Just a joke.

TaTa everyone - Peace be with you.
Ali

0 comments: