CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

1/2 done on the Taxol

I went in a bit early this time. I arrived at 11 and got started about 11:15am. Done at 4p.m.ish. I brought my electronic Suduko with me this time, got 1/2 way on one. It is challenging with the drugs in the system. No reaction, good! If I can tolerate this, the Dr. said the side effects get less. I do have to go in this morning for a nuelasta shot, those counts were low so lets get them up. I am so sick of being sick!

Here are my goodies. Hot Tea (thanks to Karen) Graham crackers and "crappy cheese and crackers". I love eating those there for some reason!

I am done. I picked up a new hat from the ladies that donate them. It is peach and soft. I thought it would be good for spring. After the Taxol, I am growing my hair back. Well, not like there is an option, but that is what will happen in the few months after. I now have 16 more Herception infusions. Every 3 weeks. Essentially, a year of treatments. I was thrilled when the Dr. said I would come in and do my herception and taxol for the next two!!!!! No more every Friday things. I'll miss seeing my nurses, and the patients. But, don't miss where that is "all I do" on a Friday. Take a look under my hand, I have my favorite book, Transformational learning, guess what - did not read more than a paragraph. Will this get to my brain by osmosis? I hope!
Saw my favorite Dr. today. He is just a down to earth guy. We talked more about the taxol and why I need it. OK, finally I am OK with it. Has to be done. This Dr.'s goal is to keep any cancer away from me. I am with that!
So, here I am 4:31 am and have been up since 3a.m. You guessed it. Steroids. Here is just one funny story and then I am calling it a morning. Last night I made dinner, I personally was starving! Then did a few things, called Dad, and then Chris asks about the 401K roll over stuff. I warned him that tonight may have not been the best time to call the place and have me talk to someone. Sure enough, did it got through it, and I was fuzzy. It was the drugs and the chemo brain. Got the stuff done but I think I'll wait another day or so before calling them back. The Dr. asked me how I was doing with studying as far as comprehension. I think so far so good - a bit slow. My edge is not there and thinking things through takes me time.
I am heading back for a few winks.

0 comments: