CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Here is the hair

I had a bad night last night from the herceptin. It is not the herceptin rather the bendryl. I hate it. I am so out there all I want to do is sleep. As I try - Lilli is just being herself and boom I am not able to sleep. Finally I had to lock myself in her room to get sleep while she stayed with her daddy in the other room. Drives me nutty that I get like that - not good for anyone. I have 8 more infusions left - 8 times 3 weeks - that'll tell you when I am done. Not sure - maybe after the 1st of the year. Yesterday I just wanted to have it be done. It was really busy with the holiday. I do have to say that there was this gal, her first Chemo. What I thought was - what a way to spend the 4th. As I watched Chris the nurse - her way is just so assuring. She has that talent the "it" factor. Anyhow, this lady was scared, did not know what to expect and then 2 hours later, she was done. I thought that mine were longer than that - I'll have to go back and look. Now, I wonder how she is doing today. She is on every other week so I'll bump into later down the road. I am including pics of my hair. I took the top one at my dancing class. After my ankle hurt and my foot hurt - I ended up going back this week. Can't tell you why - but I really enjoy it. I see myself getting stronger and maybe one day I'll look in that mirror and see a strong person inside and out. Instead of that fat bald girl - I feel as if I am getting to somewhere in this journey.

Yes - I am wearing a sweater. 95 degrees today but it is chilly inside. We had a great day at the parade today. I walked 8100 steps today. So, this "social" me - well - I love being part of the organization. They offered a program to do 10000 steps a day. I am pretty close. I bet that I won't have any trouble on Saturday!
OK. I am pooped. Once again, ran out of time in the day - but just can't do any more. I'll drink more water - out herceptin out!!! And will continue this weekend to do the same.

0 comments: