CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

It is Sunday and it is late. I can't sleep as it is raining and I just read an email from a friend. It said that her husband is now in hospice care. We both started Chemo about the same time. May peace be with her during this time. May her mind be quiet at times just to sit and reflect. I wish her a few special moments with her husband during this time. It has been a rough road. It is a road in which I have been spared, at least for this time. And that, is why I can't sleep. I can't sleep know that there are so many people out there having a rough go at it. I can't sleep because I know that my "spa" mate from Thursday is now feeling the effects of the Chemo. I can't sleep because I am really looking forward to the Mamma Mia movie. Selfish - yes. Alive - yes. Appreciating my life - you bet.

I also have been thinking about doing too much. For me that is just a way of life. "Push through it" is what I say often. Tired and want to take a nap - just push through it - but now - in a strange way I am ready to take it easier. I know that I do too much and then get pissed because I get to the end of my rope. So, I am going to try not doing so much and then enjoy the fall semester by really diving into my studies. That is what I really do love and need to focus on - before I know it my studies will be done.

So, I am now tired and need to go to bed. It has been a long weekend and I am ready to get back into swing of the routine of the week.
Peace be with you.

0 comments: