CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Nice quote

As I entered my job this morning – I did not have my thermos of tea. Why should you ask? Well it is because we were a little off kilter this morning. It was Mom’s 70th and we had a blast. But, got home mid day yesterday and pooped from driving. Thought to ponder, why does driving make you tired, all you are doing is sitting and looking at the road. Anyhow, we spent the rest of the afternoon outside “reading” – Lilli with her books and me with the newspaper. Until the rain. We are not into Monsoon season yet – but in the afternoon there are showers. Good for the desert bad for the swamp coolers. I did all of my stuff late into the evening and we all got up later than usual – thus – no time for brewing the extra water for tea. Just enough for my to go cup.

I walked across the street to stretch my achy knees and got a cup of coffee. My new thing is Americano with extra room. And, if you want a great iced coffee, iced grande Americano in a Ventie cup with extra ice and extra room – then add two splenda’s and non fat milk. Yummy – ½ the price of an ice latte! But, here is long winded point. As my mom was opening gifts – Lilli was on her lap. Years before if it was Peyton and then before that was Sierra, so you get what I am saying – she always has that space for the kids. As I was sitting here sipping, I saw the quote from “The way I see it” #273 on the back of the coffee cup and I thought of my mom:
“All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, dads, grannies and grandpas, aunts, uncles — someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next generation their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams.”
– General Colin L. PowellFounder of America’s Promise — The Alliance for Youth

So really, as most of you know we read a LOT in my house. There are times for the TV but Lilli loves to read. There is nothing like it and I am glad that we started early doing this.
That is my thought of the day. As far as the Tamoxifin – I think it is making my face break out – if it is not one darn thing it is another – I swear!
Peace be with you.

0 comments: