CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

It was a delightful day here. Warm, windy and it rained - but overall nice. Tomorrow I am going to sniff outside for a minute to get my fill of fresh air. I also think a little sponge bath is in order, then I'll figure out what to wear. Here is the thing, I have two drains coming out of my stomach, there is a cut from hip to hip and he sucked out the fat. Really I say, in a few weeks I'll let you know how those "skinny" pants fit. You know, we all have those pants hiding somewhere!

But, the drains really hurt when pulled, I about clawed out Chris' eyes this morning. Poor guy - he was draining and "milking" the drains. OUCH it pulled and sharp pains. I ate another pain pill right after that. Home healthcare nurse came. Super sweet. I begged her not to hurt me.....and she just took my vitals, looked at the "wound" and went on her way. But, I find myself talking to these people for a long time. The are interesting and are happy to see "healthy" people.

So, on to my pants, I have these drains that I can't put underwear over, and a skirt is not an option. I think some PJ Shorts and I'll cut them for the drains sounds OK.

Hair is oily and icky. I am restricted on my dairy intake, not sure why. I am going to break the rules in the morning and have coffee with milk. Wow, living on the edge.

Could I have not timed it better, showtime has one of those "free" weekends. Yippee, mindless movies - I love it. I'll start back to school stuff on Monday or Tuesday. It is the last week of my teaching so that makes me happy. I have two papers due and I am sure I can do that this week.

So, valium, why would the Doc give that to me? I am thinking I am popping those before I get these drains out. OUCH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lilli is coming home tomorrow. We made the right choice of having her go with my mom. Then, my mom will come down for the week. She'll shuttle Lilli to and from the babysitter to get her back on schedule.

I tried returning some calls today and missed some people. Just wanted to update this blog to let you know that all is OK, handling pain and need to write a list of what to bring to the hospital since it is at the top of my mind. My sister gave me some moist towels, with lotion, like baby wipes but better, those saved my life! On the other hand, don't get hard candies that make you gag - seriously, I had those cough drops that were aweful and made me cough - remember - my stomach muscle is now part of my boob.

Ok dokay - more a bit later.
Ali

0 comments: