CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Plastic Surgery

Oh my, what a difference between a Dr.s office and a Plastic Surgeons office! I visit Dr. G today to discuss what is happening. So, I walk in and to the left is the "spa" and to the right is the Dr.'s office. Spa treatments, you know, parafin, eye waxing and more! The good news is that this has been the most refreshing visit out of everyone! This Dr. is my age and just his statement that being this young, we are not supposed to be "sick". I said, I did not really look at it that way of being "sick", just want to "fix" it.

Finally got Chris' insurance information - I am doubly covered (and paying may I add) but at least that is not the bad side. Ok, what I understand, if I go with the full mastectomy, Dr. G will do the "tram" (what the hell) which is taking out my stomach muscle and putting in where my boob needs to be. The nipple will come later. How odd.

So, good news, I get a tummy tuck!

If I go with that lumpectomy, I have to go in after the surgery and get a boob lift. What that means is my good boob needs to be reduced and lifted. Ah - Ha, that sounds good too!! Which one, I just can't decide!

The recovery is going to be about 1 - 2 months for the mastectomy and less for the other. I just don't know.

I called today and Dr. Smith put me in at 11:00a.m. for tomorrow to talk to me. I think I finally will have some answers on what is what and dates. That is the worst part. Not knowing when.

Off to the zoo in the morning. I promised Lilli that we would go and see the tigers and lions. The mornings have been really nice! Then, I am taking her to my Dr.'s appointment. Poor girl!

0 comments: