CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Just for fun

I happened to be on a site today which read this way:
Blog info
Welcome to my blog. If you want to follow my story, you need to start reading the oldest post first which is at the very bottom or you can jump to it by going to June 2007 and look for 'My Big Announcement'. I am writing this blog so that I can keep my friends and family up on my dealings with breast cancer. I hope to limit the number of phone calls I get by posting information here. I have not listed my email address either but if you know me, you know how to contact me.


It is not my blog...but here is something that one struggles with when you come out with the news (no I am not gay but I am having a major life challenge...) it is that you want people to know, but don't want to take forever to call people. Selfish. I think so. On the other hand, I was talking to Amy last night and it was funny, I just did not want to talk about me any more. I am pretty over it and won't let it consume me. On the other hand, I am in the middle of reviewing course materials for this hospitality class I am helping develop and feel a need to share why I blog (yes sister and mother you both asked on the same day).

Oh yes, everyone knows. I had to cancel my Dad's b-day party here over Balloon Fiesta. He was coming in Oct 11th and that is too soon after surgery. OH surgery. Here is what I have found out. Barring no major life emergencies, Sept 26th is the day. Shoooot, good thing it wasn't a day later, it would had been those 2's and 7's again and then I would have to reschedule!

So, I am set - today is T-13 for all of us that have opened hotels - those T - day's come flashing back.

Also, I have an idea for shirts. I am going to take T-shirts from Chris (you know the nice soft ones that he can't fit into any more) and do the ol' cut up the front, then have tabs to tie it together. I'll try it and see. From what I read, I'll want to wear normal clothes after the drains are out - 7-10 yukky days later.

My mom is coming down for the first week, then my sister. Oh almost forgot - home health care! I get someone to come to my house and empty the drains. Yippee! That way no one will pass out looking at that mess.

Those are updates for now. Back to my work at hand.

0 comments: