CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Updates

So, here is what I found out - I went to Dr. Seedman. Nice lady. Chris went with me. That in itself was painful - If you know what I mean. The office was in an old building and what I recall old furniture. What would someone so successful not have a comfy place for women? I don't know. Also all of her Degree's are hanging in the front room. The nurse seemed to have lots of knowledge. Then, the panic struck me at the oddest time. I was sitting there talking about insurance and how I switch to BCBS at the 1st of Sept and that is why I was in the office (I have different ins now). The nurse looked at me and said, they probably will not cover you because of a pre-existing. Chris chimed in on her side too. Well, you have to understand, I have checked everything out to a T with the new ins. and thought I was on the right track. Hmmmm. After years of using the ins. for IVF and staying on the backs of the ins. companies, I thought I knew better. So, I felt as if I was drowning. Under water.

Next, the visit with the Doc. She explained the next step was MRI and I have to go to Santa Fe. I took the order, and the script for Xnanex. She also explained that I most likely have to have more tissue taken out due to the DCIS is in the duct that runs from the top to the bottom. Without being too graphic, one can imagine how LONG that is on me. Since my boobs go down to my waist. Enough of that.

Something just does not settle well with me. After we got done, we went to lunch. OH, did I mention the tension that morning? Yes, stress will put a bad twist to your day with your mate for sure!

We went home. I decided to go out to clear my mind. I did, came home and on the computer, was the golden note that I hoped. I am covered under the new insurance starting Sept. 1st with Chris' new job. I have my Pres ins as well for the lap of a month.

So, out patient surgery, heal then radiation. 6 weeks of radiation. Crap, that is TOO long!

OK, so I put out a message on my mommy board here in Alb. Got back that there is a Dr. (three people said the same one) that is the "best". I called, got an appointment for Thursday. We shall see. I hope my gut says that it is OK now. I just want to get the right person and the right sense of how I feel. The other nurse starting talking about how I needed to take calcium, lose weight and what else, oh, I can go on but I won't.

I ended up telling my mom face to face while she was here. Not that I meant to tell her, but I thought it better than on the phone. So, now at least Mom knows and I know that if someone can come at the drop of a hat to watch Lilli, she will.

OH, off to my second class of the week. How very exciting. I walked to class from my commuter parking and it is 95 degrees. Saw Auntie Mary on the way, barely saw her because of my BIG hat, don't want skin cancer too!

Hopefully a bit of good news after my appointment.

0 comments: