CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

So, here is what I am pondering. Speaking of pondering - check out ponderingpool.com -
Who do you tell. I am a person that usually wears everything on my sleeve. I will share with just about anyone some of my struggles - if that can help someone not have the same struggles. But at this point, once I tell someone - they now have the burden. So, the burden of my troubles means that people will have advice. Personally, right now I don't want to hear it. It is like when people gave me advice about being pregnant - they had no idea so why would they try to advise me on such a personal subject. I digress.

The first people to tell of course is my family. But, really, I don't want to. Here is why. I want to be sure of what I have to do at this point to rid the ol' boob of this thing before I worry my Mom or Sister. The day in which I found out that I had to have a biopsy - I found out that my sisters dog died. So, the last thing I wanted to do was share - she had her own stuff to deal with. I was going to tell my friend Mary. Then, I found out that her cabin got broken into, and then her dog had eye surgery. So, how could I tell her?

I have so many wonderful friends, real friends that know me to a core, but all of the sudden it is back to school time, last minute vacations etc. So here is what is happening.

I went to see Dr. Evans - my family Dr. She is a young Doc and I really think she is a great Doc. So after I found out my results (on a Thurs) I emailed to get in to see her on Tuesday. She helped me process what to do. Here is the crazy thing. Chris has a new job and we have the opportunity to be on new insurance - Blue Cross. The zinger is, none of my current Doc's are on the blue cross program. So....really I have two options, either private or UNM. I was all set to make an appointment at UNM cancer center. Whew, that was a "reality moment". So, I was going to make an appointment, then I talked with Dr. Evans. She suggested a private breast surgeon. I did not think about. She also suggested a person for the radiation treatments. So, on Friday Aug. 17th Chris and I will talk with this gal. We shall see. I am going to make an appointment at UNM just in case.

I just care that whomever I go to here, is experienced.

Oh, here is a strange thing. I woke up on Friday and felt a huge bump in my boob. Like when you are breast feeding and you get a clogged duct. So, feeling a bit like a hypochondriac (my Dr. says that is OK right now - bless Dr. Evans!) I thought that I would ignore it. I went in to get my films and my results so that I can bring them to the new Dr. They took too long, so I went to my appointment and returned at 1p.m. Who did I bump into - the Dr. that did my biopsy and shared my news. I asked him if he had a minute - so we walked into his office. He said that sometimes there are issues with such things as puss building up in the hole of where the 12 gauge needle went, at sometimes they have to put a drain in to let the puss out. OK - that was enough. I have decided that the bump will go away and that everything will be fine. Crazy!


Back to who should I tell first. Not sure. But, you can believe that once I figure it out, I am going to tell every one. My Dr. says I am very lucky. If I took the AMA's advice on a mamogram of every other year - it would be next year that we would discover this and it would be a very different issue. So, with the statistics saying that breast cancer under the age of 50 is 20% chance, I don't feel very lucky. On the other hand, with odds like that, I am going to start playing the lotto.

For all of you that know I have something about 2's, I also thought that 7 was my lucky number - as it was coming up about the same as the 2's. Guess what, my first mamogram was on 7-27-07, I do not lie. So, I am making sure that I don't have surgery on any 22's!

More later.

0 comments: