CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MRI


I was really scared for this MRI. Maybe because my 1st doc gave me a script for the Xanex, or maybe it was just the fear. (False Expectations Appearing Real). Or could it be that I canceled my 1st one due to the change of the Doc's and now I had to do this alone? I don't know. But here is what I do know, no one gave me a clue of what to expect. So, when I was talking with Susan she said I-pod and I said SMART! So, I got a cheapy, figured out how it worked and downloaded my NPR stuff and songs to it. Guess what, the magnets would chew it up, so they suggested bringing in a CD. I had to ask, they did not tell me. Then, while researching I saw that you lay on your stomach, boobies hanging between this thing. Great I say -I can just lay down and not be watching what is going on around me. Perfect. What about the Dye - did anyone tell me about that? Nope. So, I did experience the IV thing, and then the Dye. No biggie.

So, here is what I would say to anyone doing this, bring really good LOUD music that you know how long the songs are. Most of the little sessions in the MRI thing were 4 - 7 minutes of banging, then they stopped and positioned the machine. "Are you OK" is what I would hear. I kept saying um ha. Just fine. Keep going.

OK, they lay you down and your forehead rests on something like you get at a massage - you know those tables or chairs that have that hole. You CANNOT move. Then, you look at a mirror. The mirror looks out to what is on the outside. It was strange. When I focused on what was happening, I started to freak out. So, I just focused on the music. I also thought that they needed some bird feeders outside to attract some birds to watch. The day is done, I am tired. Now to deal with everything else, including the two packets of information, one from the oncologist, and the other from the radiation doc. I'll find out more about that fun in another week. Wow, something to look forward to!
Here I am "self portrait" before I go to the MRI place.



Here I am after the 1/2 hour in the tube. Notice, above my eye brows are marks from my head being in that thing, and the redness on my cheeks. I should say the indents. I survived. As Dora the Explora would say "I did it" "I did it" "I did it" Yeah!!!!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: