CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 31, 2007

The time....

So, when people say that it'll will take 30 minutes, add an hour on to that for the waiting time. I discovered that today. I decided to keep track of this in time. Why? Because for all of you that say I just don't have time to......guess what, neither did I. But, you make time. Really, I have always said that, you have the time, but there are times which you don't make the time. OK, enough of that. Here is how I feel.

I went into for an ultrasound. After the MRI, this should be a snap. I got there 1/2 hour early "hoping" that they were on schedule. Got called, whoopee I say! Then, the routine, off with the shirt, on with the lovely green and white gown and go sit in that waiting area. THAT waiting area took 1/2 hour. CRAP. So, as I was sitting there with 6 other women, no one said a thing! It is like an elevator. I always feel as if I have to say something in the elevator, so I felt as if I had to say something in this room of silent women. There was one, mid 50's with gray hair in a bob - very North Shore looking and she kept exhaling loudly. Like to say, I have had enough of waiting here. Snotty. Her name was Karen Smith. That is a strong name I thought and went perfectly with that woman.

There was another gal, long hair, she was slight, and wearing high wedge heels (gold). She was very pretty and we started talking about taking the dog to the vet and the dog "knew" he was going to the vet. The dog just wanted to go home, and in a sense that is how we felt. So, it was funny. Then we got into the dog sitting discussion. OK, I don't have a dog, but I really did not want to read the magazines and she was a nice woman.

Off to the ultrasound. Both boobs, just in case were done. MRI came back with....oh who knows and who cares. I am not into why what is where type of thing at this point. Then, off the ultra sound gal went to make sure that the films were OK. On the floor there was a pitcher of water or something. Date: 8/22/07. Those Damn 2's I thought. And yes, I had to go for more mammograms. The other place did not get the correct ones after the biopsy.

Then, another 1/2 hour of boobs being squashed. (Hey - NO ONE complain about going in for just a regular mammogram - that is easy!) Dr. comes in. She asked about surgery date and this and that. It seems as if there is a larger area than thought originally and that mastectomy may now be the option. Great, no radiation. This of course is tongue and cheek. Since my twenties I have liked having my boobs. Sorry, it is true. Then, it goes into that whole womanhood thing. Well, really, I also wonder about Chris. That he has to endure not only me having a bigger surgery, but also gone is one side of my chest. I know that I'll get it back via reconstruction... but still. Then I started thinking, hell, if I am going to get the left one done, then lets do the right one to lift it up a bit. That my friends is NOT tongue and cheek - I mean it.

So, there starts the weekend. We are heading to Tucson in the morning. I am going to forget about this crap for a day or so. Have a glass of wine, see Grandpa (maybe in that order too!) and then come back and talk to the Dr. on Tuesday.

Oh, did I forget to mention, I am still trying to keep up with normal life here. The house is a mess, OK that is not new, but now it is bugging me. I have to find the title to Chris' bronco and we are packing for the trip - which means extra TLC to pack fun stuff for Lilli.

That is it for now.

0 comments: