CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Updates

I have not written in a while. Not because things are going OK, it is just the opposite. So, I'd rather refrain for a while. Here are some other things that are going on. Getting ready, blood tests, changes in Herceptin infusion, EKG next week, and what else....Oh - Lilli is off school this week. We have had fun. Went on a train today, although it was a bit of stress this morning, overall once we were there it was good. Here is really what I learned. Feeling a bit down, I did not get the $5000.00 scholarship that I had hoped for, and that would help for the year, I did not get picked for a paper presentation, and some other things, I just feel crappy. But, here is what happened. We went from the train to the bookstore today. They had this thing at the school bookstore that if you bought 9 books during the summer, then you get one free. So, throughout the summer I bought the 9 books. Today was the big, go to the bookstore and pick out the "free" book (trust me - Lilli is getting 4 books for Christmas!!! Just need to tuck them into a safe place that I'll remember). Anyhow, we were starving, so we went to the Union and got something to eat. Enjoyed eating outside, it was warm, but I would rather be outside than inside. Then, we went to the bookstore. Spent 1/2 hour or so there. She picked out the free book plus another..... Here is the realization. I love being on campus. I feel like a wilted flower and then when I get to school someone puts water on me and I perk up. A calmness comes over me. It is right. So, everyone cross your fingers that I can land this fellowship. It is really neat opportunity and I just feel as if it is right.

And, my friend Emily told me that I needed to get some sports bra's for after the biopsy. I went to get those today. She also warned me - NO HUGGING! OK OK - I'll fight the urge to hug someone on the street! Seriously, I plan on being OK on Friday and on Saturday go get my nose ring put back in. They said maybe they can do tape on my quartz ring for the procedure.

Enough - I am tired.
Peace be with you.

0 comments: