CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Winter Solstice

So here is what I have decided. Winter Solstice. I have always loved this day - out with the old in with the what is a head of us. So, as I was driving today listening to songs reflecting the Solstice, I am going to make this day of my new beginning (for now). Check out "Winter Solstice Carol" by William Beckstrand. I could not find a link to it. Maybe if you can search a bit more and listen on the radio - that would be good. He took a poem and had a Choir in MSP sing it. Just a delight. I am going back to my local NPR station and look up the link so I can listen again. Here is something I found.

This longest night your candle light, Keep watch over all the earth; Welcome hope and cheer as the dawn draws near And rejoice! Rejoice at the sun's rebirth.

OK time to run, I am getting stuff done before the snow.

0 comments: