CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thoughts about Death

Today I am at school and started the process of submitting an article for publication. It is a start with a long road ahead. As I was doing some research I came across the death of a CEO from IHG. I gasped. Out loud. How did I not know this? Have I been caught up in my own little world not to realize that over a month ago this great guy died. I knew him just from afar and met him just to say hello on a couple of occasions. You know me, always soaking in what a CEO does from afar. Analyzing in my own way. So, I am saddened. Earlier today while reading an article a thought popped into my head, and I wrote down "death is in the house" on a little piece of paper to ponder later. I wrote that because Chris came home and said that a guy that he knew through work had died of lung cancer over the weekend. He was sick for a while - not too long. So, with that, is just another reminder. I wonder, did that guy live the life that he wanted? He got to the end and was he happy? Those are the things that I ponder. My mom wrote me a quote and it kinda goes like this - start your day with purpose. I try to stop and reflect on my thanks each day. What I am thankful for today. It is with purpose, not just a list of to-do's in which I want to live. I was talking with a 10 year cancer survivor and we discussed the going through it again. No, it is not taken the boob that is the hard part. The chemo is surely harder than the surgery, but the hardest is going through the emotions. It is true. I keep referring back to that time and this gal I was talking with actually described it as a divide - before and after. So true and your worldview changes. It is not like that transformation of the body - it is of the mind. How you view things is just different. And, I have not changed, but there is something that has changed. So be it.

With that said, I just had to write my thoughts down on a day like today. I am saddened that for me, at one time death felt so scary, now I understand - it is really in the living. Ah-ha. Living and enjoying the small things. So, off I go to share in community with my class.

Here is a quote that I captured from Steve's website:
He was a Prince, and all who knew him--Loved him.

A few things that go through my head almost on a daily basis - integrity - it is what you do when no one else is looking. And, at the end of the day (for real not that silly sentence) when you lay your head on the pillow, have you done something good?

And with that - Peace be with you today.

0 comments: