CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

I have to write, that is just the feeling sometimes that I have to do before I go on with my day. Put thoughts down on paper. Trust me, I have several journals and thought places. For today it is here.

So I pause on Sept. 11th.....no, that is what everyone is saying on the news. No, please. Don't pause. Stop. Yes, stop what you are doing and think. Think about how your life has changed or what your life is about at this point. We all know where we were and what we were doing on 9/11/01. Now it is a time for us to really take this time to reflect. How has your life transformed. What am I thankful for. It is just amazing to me what has happened over the last 7 years in the life of the country and my personal life. And so it goes......

Now onto being scared. Last night I had an ice cream party at Casa Esperansa, it was fun. People of all ages, colors and faiths. After the "rush of people" I went and sat with this gal (55) that was all alone. We started talking. She has been thru radiation, she has had surgery and now onto the 3 day chemo. She has cut her hair in thoughts that it will soon fall out. She is scared. It is that FEAR in which is the worst pain. And so we talked. We laughed an mostly my lesson was to listen. It was my place just to be - be still. To understand. I have not been in the place that she has been, nor she with me, but for this "club" which I hate, we are all a part of the same. I cleaned up, and went home. Like so many other people that have touched my soul, this Shelia will stay with me and my thoughts will be with her on Monday. 3 Days of Chemo. I told her she will be just fine and she'll have a bad day or two, but she will get through it. And, she too will soon have the short hair do that we chemo people only know about. The secret lies within.

Peace be with you and all of those that may hurt on this day of 9/11.

0 comments: