CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008


here is what my hair looks like. It is coming in and now looks like hair. Pretty dark!
here is what I am doing, I decided I am done with wearing things to cover it up. So, as usual, a hat here in NM - it is starting to get hot. But today I went out without a head covering. Don't care - I am done. It is close enough to coming in and you can see that there is hair. I am just walking on the wild side. Eyelashes glorious eyelashes! I have missed you so! I dearly love my lashes. I found this mascara to "prime" them. What that means is that I put this coat of white stuff. Nice - I can see every little lash there is. Then, I put on the black. I even do my lashes on the bottom. I love them - I missed them - my friends are back!!!

Once again, someone came up and talked to me about my hair. Oh lordy, tell me, why would someone shave their head to wear a wig. I don't know. All I know is that I don't care for it.

Here is a picture of Lilli's last day at Susans. I upload it here because of my thoughts. I couldn't get through that good bye without tears. This gal has been such a rock for me, everyday dropping my Lilli off and having her take care of her. There were days that I was so happy that there was a place that I knew someone was there not on steroids - boy those were some of my worst days! My hope was and is always that Lilli does not remember this experience.

I also had a thought today. After Church we went to see the new exhibit at the museum of natural history. Lilli and I have spent so many hours at that place. This was the first place that I went to get out of the house after surgery. I could barely walk at that point, but was happy to see Lilli escaping into the world of Dinosaurs.

Tomorrow is a big day. Lilli goes to pre school. It is funny, for so long - yet in such a short time I wanted to get things to normal. Then, all of the sudden they are normal. It is a new normal, but for some reason I have to say that my stomach is side ways. I am not sure why that is. Side ways in the way that I am not quite comfortable, it could be stress, it could be other things - don't know. All I know is that I just keep going. Like everything else, I just keep going. There really is no other way.

On Friday I was walking on campus and I got a bit sad. Do you realize, that when I am done with school - there is no more. This is it. I guess I could do more - but it really now is to just reach the top and then keep polishing that. As I watched the students packing up and leaving, I reflected back so many years ago. I never packed up and went home, I never took time off, OK there was that summer at Yellowstone....but I find myself doing the same thing I did some 25 years ago. Just keep on keeping on.

Nose piercing this Thursday!

Peace be with you.

0 comments: