CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

My dad sent me some wonderful flowers for mothers day. How nice. They are so bright and colorful. I had some strange things happen today. I was walking back into church after getting Lilli and this lady stopped me. She blurted out "I am a 31 year survivor". I did not know what to say. "Thank you that makes me feel better" was all I could muster. Then I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I don't know why - welcome to the club is the only thing that I can think of at this time. So, I bid good day.

I loved the ministers talk today, I say talk because she has a sing to her voice - the greatest gift is the gift of wonder. Then she went on to ask - who taught you to wonder. Oh that is powerful. We do so much of "no no no" but really - to look at things and ask. What a beautiful gift. Thank you mom for giving me that wonder (I forgot to tell you about that). And also one thing that I heard today was that life is "taught to kids" but "caught by adults".



Here is a picture Lilli took of me -

And...Hair beautiful hair!!! I have hair coming in everywhere - eye brows going every which way - leg hair that is coarser than before (bring on the razors - I am happy!!!)

This week I HOPE to do that nose. And, to celebrate the end of the semester, I am getting a pedicure. Wish you were here Lisa, I am going to the same place. Do you recall that gals name that jabbed your foot? I am going to tell them to be gentle!!! OK. Time to wrap it up. One last thought - I miss my grandma. I saw a lady in church that looked so sad - and I thought, she had a mom too and I bet she misses her. One does not think of that when you come across older people (I thought she was in her 80's) but we all can still miss our mothers and grandmothers on this day.

I am very thankful that I have my strong sister and mother and wish you both a great day. And all of my "sister" in spirit - hope your day was special. If not, hell, come with me to get a pedicure - THAT will make you feel better - bright pink toes.

Peace be with you.

0 comments: