CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Darn my words!

As most everyone knows - I can be a little quick with the ol' mouth. And so it was true the other day. I interviewed for this internship - I really wanted it to work, I wanted to love it and it really inspire me. I even wore my hair - wow - now you know it was an occasion! It just did not work. I would have to do so much on my end to make it work, and guess what I learned in the process, I really enjoy doing what I do and making my meager wages with my on and off training and my teaching online. So, I'll continue the search for the right fit - as well as the right thing for Lilli. These darn waiting lists!!!

So, another thing that I find is that you never know when your thoughts will stick with someone else. I learned this years ago when I was a field person. After the fact I had this general manager come up to me and tell me how much I inspired her, even though I was not her field person. Strange, that was the first thing I thought, but the power we have to reach other people without really knowing it. And, with that being said, I'll share with you what someone - a classmate "threw" back in my face today. My discussion on an earlier email was that it really is not the final project we are doing, which is a podcast, but rather the process of getting to do the podcast. Without further ado...
I know that I don't know you very much, but I know enough to tell you that I admire your strength and approach to life. So, let us focus on what is really important in life, which is LIFE itself. Thus, you get the rest that you need because everything else is just the rest... or as you said "no matter what the outcome is - it is about getting there that is the important part"

So the question is - would I rather just watch my words or trip over what I say once in a while. My answer is of course trip. Hell, I have scraped my knees way too many times and they have healed. I'll continue to do and say what I am. Otherwise, it just wouldn't be me now would it?

Did I tell you that it has been proven walking 30-40 minutes a day helps prevent breast cancer. Yes my Dr. says it is true. So, I'll start that this week. Then, I started thinking even more. Maybe it is not all about the walking, rather getting rid of the bad stress. Then even more - I start thinking about good stress and bad stress - and do I surround myself with stress.

Where is my weekly hair pic - I took some tonight - I'll upload later. It is a fuzz ball!!! Dr. says maybe by June I'll go without a hat. And, another note since I am talking about Herceptin (OK I wasn't but I will) one of the side effects for me is that for some reason it needs to get out of my body any which way it can, if you know what I mean!

Nose piercing. I am doing it this week. Anyone else up for it? I am thinking this Friday. Mary is going with me so I don't know if she is free on Friday - but I plan to do it soon.

Did I tell you about the compression sleeve for my arm.................goodness - it will take a good few weeks to get used to this thing. It will prevent the fluids in my lymph node area from backing up - especially when flying.

OK, it was a long day at school on Saturday. Time to wind down.
Peace be with you.

0 comments: