CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Look out - I am stinky

I can't figure it out. I read something a while back on someone Else's blog that the herceptin would make them smell. I think so. Not sure. But for some reason I smell odd. Don't laugh - OK - go ahead have a chuckle. Jeez, if it is not one thing it is another. I did get some Biotin for my hair growth. Can't hurt! I also got all set up with my physical therapy at the end of the month. And, I have to get that sleeve for my arm. I am planning that trip in June and my fellow chemo people cautioned me about the arm sleeve.

I need to upload some 6 month pics. Seems as if things are really coming along. It is amazing how I am used to my body parts the way now. Speaking of that - I have to tell a funny story. Now, this comes from someone that has always "stuck out" in a crowd due to my red hair. Now I stick out because of no hair! I was in Albertsons the other day and I was just going down the bake goods aisle, this lady looked at me like - don't I know you? So I kinda smiled and she blurted out - "are you going thru chemo" she just could not wait to talk to me. So, I told her that I was done with the bad stuff and still have some time to go with the other. She went on to tell me that she had ovarian cancer and that the chemo went into a port right into her ovaries and one up in the heart area. Too much information. Did I look like I wanted to share that day? Show and tell. I don't know. She said that she admired anyone being able to just wear a cap, she could never do that. Well, then, what is/was she covering up I wonder. To each their own. So, we bid farewell and best of luck. I secretly looked over my shoulder to see what way she turned to go to the next aisle, and then went the other way. There are just times in which I want to forget. Shopping is one of those times. Especially, shopping without Lilli in tow.

I had some random thoughts today. Today someone was told that they have cancer and tonight are working through the details. They maybe online right now researching. Today someone was told that they were pregnant after a invitro transfer. And, that someone is now just not believing that they are finally pregnant. It is a surreal feeling. Those two people have something in common, feelings of what next. Although so different, it is the same. I talk about frame of reference so often, in both of the cases, it is the lack of experiences that give those two people the similar feelings and most likely emotions.

I also keep thinking about that guy that went thru orientation at the cancer center with me. I remember talking about ginger and he said that his partner made the "best" ginger ice cream. Well, how does that ginger ice cream taste now. I hope OK, but it may not. Like my chocolate covered Altoids.

Something new for me. How is your health. Mine is great - oops - I forgot - a small thing that I have or do I say had breast cancer. I say this because there was a flier for the Fulbright study program. There is an informational meeting. Could that be a blast or what. So, I thought I would apply. Then, there is one condition - must be in good health. What the hell does that mean? So, I am going on Monday to just see what it is about. What a dream that would be - studying organizational learning or teaching in a different country.

I found this amazing website and thought of my friend. She is an artist trapped in a hoteliers body. Meaning - she would be a great teacher - art therapy - and hopefully someday she can do that. Remember that gal that just went to India - same person! Here is the website that I thought was really neat: http://www.touchdrawing.com/

Well, time to go to bed. Gotta get up early for my infusion - then in the afternoon I need to learn about Second Life - online gaming. Cool stuff and I can't wait. it is crunch time - I have several papers due over the next few weeks. Not to mention my favorite - Stats -YUCK - homework. Before I know it - it will be May and classes will be done. I have a couple weeks break then on to the summer. I'll take 2 classes, and yes, one is going to be stats - qualitative - so I hope that I can get through that with a little more ease that this quantitative. Oh, I am thinking about taking a class called "Wisdom". This gal interviewed all of these people that she classified as "wise" and is an expert in that area. Fascinating. Not that it would be my cup of tea for a dissertation, but I think it is cool and I could apply it to my field of study for sure. I still have my blanket on full blast as it is really cold. Both cats are curled up, purring and happy as can be that I decided to come to bed and update my blog.

Have a good day - and peace be with you.
Ali

0 comments: