CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Since there has not been too much going on, I just thought I would write about too much....hear me out on this one. In general, I can consider myself cancer free. That is the good news. And, now I can step into my next few years and breathe a bit. When everything is so raw, I wanted to remember my real feelings about what was going on. I watched a segment of GMA with Robin Roberts, and she described her cancer (as she is now the poster gal for breast cancer) as done and she can put that chapter to rest and move on. My cancer was diagnosed about one month after hers, and we were about the same when it came to treatments, mine was lagging. But here is what I struggle with. And if you are prude - do not read this - but the truth be known, I do not have a nipple, I have a boob that is from fat in my stomach, I have a scar that goes hip to hip and in reality, I do not even think of my "good' boob and having anything wrong with it, until I remember - less than a year ago I had a lumpectomy.

As life starts being "normal" I still stick to me as writing this chapter, and doing my darnedest to close it an move on. I have a feeling that this summer will help with that. As I said, not much going on with me, but one side effect of feeling crappy for some time is that now I tend to over do things. I took 15 hours this semester, 5 classes - most Phd students take 2-3 classes a semester. But no, I had to over do it and on top of it try to juggle all of the craziness a 43 year old has to deal with. Well, for some 43 year olds - they don't have a very very very strong willed daughter...OK, that makes it a bit tougher. Still, I just could do no more at a point and now am trying to keep going. This summer, I'll get back into the swing of my "getting healthy from the core" and trying to deal with my bum knees. I am still convenienced that my tamoxifen has something to do with it.

This summer, I am going to dive a bit more into this happiness thing, it is really just amazing to me and I think that there is really a need to understand where it comes from and how to promote it.

Until then,
Peace be with you.

0 comments: