CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year - Hello 2009

As I write this - I took the time to look back on last year at this time.  I was sick - it was the type of sick that I never want to repeat.  Although I feel a bit sick, cold, cough now - it is nothing like it was last year.  I am most definitely having side effects from the tamoxifin and/or herceptin, but I guess it is something that I have to live with.  My knees get so swollen that it is hard to walk, that is about 3-4 per week.  I think it is from the tamoxifin.  As it comes to the time which father time will change from one year to the next - I reflect back and look forward.  I wish everyone a safe, secure new year.  


For me - I have not really been good about making resolutions and I am not good with sticking to the Jan 1st type of thing.  When I stopped smoking - it was Feb 1st - and that will be 10 years this year!

I also think that for me, this will be a wonderful year.  I am looking forward to being done with the every three week infusions.  Just think, I have been doing that for about 1 1/2 years and no wonder I can't find veins for blood work and infusions.  But, when I am done, I am done - if I had a port that would be one more thing that I would have to do.  

Hair - glorious hair.  It is coming back.  Still have yet to use a brush - I don't need one as of yet just my fingers.  But, if I have not mentioned it - there is something about short hair that I personally don't like.  Not sure if it goes back to when I was a kid.  I think I am going to grow out the bangs a bit longer and then decide what to do with it.  I just feel old and look at my skin - I look old too.  Guess that is really what I want to work on for the new year.  I am going to see if I can get that to go away (looking old and frumpy).  I also want to change some other things as well - and that will come with time.  It really is an inside out thing.

So, with that said - I am happy that I am not sick this year - there is not any visible cancer in me and that I can think with a clear mind. 

Peace be with you.

0 comments: