CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grandpa's death

I feel sad today that Grandpa passed. Although there is a sense of peace within me as I know he lived such a long life. Glad that he went in a good way. It has been a long road for my mom, and for that, I am also feeling a sense of peace for her.

Death is death - I would imagine that if you have strong beliefs that you "go" somewhere - then it may make it better. But, it is sad when good people die. My grandparents were great people and I feel as if being part of that family really makes me appreciate friends and family now. There was one year in which I lived in Tucson, and I really had a great relationship with my grandparents. We went to shows, had birthday parties, had fun. I love being with them and always felt good around them. In the last couple years when I would visit my grandfather, we talked about things that were hush hush in my Swedish household. Money. Where on earth did they get that money to build a beautiful house in Timberlake. We talked about management - his duties. That was interesting, I could never imagine.

So, on this day, when mom called, it was the day for him to pass. He was loved and he loved others. So, how do you live your life? That is the question that swirls around in my head. I want to live my life with zest. That is how I think my grandparents lived their life for the most part. It sincerely is about living and participating in life - not waiting to die.

Today, I went and had lunch at the museum. My place. I was one with my grandparents and took a few deep breaths and enjoyed some memories. When I ordered my lunch - they gave me #22 to place on my table. It was then that I knew. My #22 is the sign. Then, when they delivered a tuna sandwich instead of my turkey - I really knew......

Peace be with you grandpa.

0 comments: